When flows get too complex, we write flow charts and pseudo codes. That’s what I did for “Inception”. The plot goes something like this:
Even after these levels design, program won’t compile, because somewhere someplace there is open flower brace. Now its up to you to figure out that
Well, that’s about the plot. Not exactly a spoiler is it? Please see it yourselves (twice) to enjoy the movie. I highly recommend it because I enjoyed debugging every bit of it.
I have few questions on this movie. Please help me understand, if you could. Thanks in advance.
(Well, I would rather call these “code review comments”)
- How is dream time enhanced compared to reality or previous dream level? On what basis they calculate it? Let’s assume Nolan took it from some scientific journal but I still doubt that if the duration can be pre-calculated to precise units.
- How can Eames change his appearance? It’s someone else’s dream he is in.
- How does that machine work? How can you be injected into someone else’s dream. Is it just by vicinity with the person who is dreaming or is it some sort of mind signal?
- If protection mechanism is enhanced to every level of dream they go in, why not other things too. If they loose gravity in hotel room just because the truck is falling down, then why is the third level dream so stable?
- How does a totem work? Why can’t one dream that totem falls down?
- How can death wake up someone from dream but not pain?
- If one can listen to music in dreams why not gunfight?