A weird analyses on the results for Top 100 Public Intellectuals Poll conducted by Prospect Magazine (UK) and Foreign Policy (US). Do you see any difference as I did?
People who voted think religious preachers are more impotent intellectuals to this world than atheists. The same crowd was mentally aright in 2005 :-(. Also , now there are more intellectuals in south Asia and gulf compared to west.
Looks like whole poll has intention of appeasement.
2005 list :
- Noam Chomsky : American philosopher, libertarian socialist
- Umberto Eco : Italian critic, philosopher
- Richard Dawkins : English biologist , author, atheist
- Václav Havel : Czech playwright, essayist, politician.
- Christopher Hitchens : British author, journalist, and atheist
- Paul Krugman : American economist, liberal columnist, and author (Nobel)
- Jürgen Habermas : German philosopher and sociologist
- Amartya Sen : Indian economist, Professor (Nobel)
- Jared Diamond : American scientist , author Atheist
- Salman Rushdie : British Indian novelist, Atheist
- Fethullah Gulen : Turkish preacher
- Muhammad Yunus : Bangladeshi banker and economist
- Yusuf al-Qaradawi : Egyptian scholar and preacher
- Orhan Pamuk : Turkish novelist
- Aitzaz Ahsan : Pakistani Advocate
- Amr Khaled : Egyptian activist and preacher
- Abdolkarim Soroush : Iranian thinker, philosopher, reformer
- Tariq Ramadan : Swiss religous academic
- Mahmood Mamdani : Ugandan Professor Government
- Shirin Ebadi : Iranian lawyer, human rights activist