A confession before we start, I did not watch this movie. Nor do I have any intention to watch it. In fact, I highly recommend you avoid it even if Netflix consistently pops it on your screen and offers you to pay to watch it.
This post intends to list down a few of the reasons why its abysmally awful movie.
- The portrayal of Airforce: I have a theory that Bollywood deliberately paints the Indian Armed forces in a bad light. Between Border (1997) and Uri: The Surgical Strike (2019), we do not have one good movie to lift the spirit up of our soldiers. In fact, there is a lot of effort went on to show the Indian Army in a bad light.
- Rendering Biographies: Apart from a few remote exceptions, Bollywood always mixed Masalas and Tadkas on Biographies. In this case, The captioned Wing Commander Gunjan Saxena herself slammed the lies peddled by this movie. Update, she even went to court over it.
- Acting: Janhvi Kapoor cannot act. Period.
- Research: I have repeatedly called out these aspects of Bollywood movies while they are based on real-life events. It’s apparent that, this one is a great curse on Bollywood Industry! They show an absolute disregard to groundwork and research to get things correct (I have added a video which has authority to talk about it)
- Twisted sense of Feminism: Fundamental premise of this movie is to make men look bad at the expense of truth!
- Nepo-movie: this project had sole intention to provide Janhvi Kapoor with a critically acclaimed piece in the same lines Sonam Kapoor got Neeraja. Let me remind you again that we had collectively decided not to support undeserving Nepo-kids.
While here, please go through this post by a retired Air force Officer. You might get a full perspective on many things which are wrong with this movie.